[Xapian-discuss] Java-Binding - libxapian path

Martin Thelian Martin.Thelian at gmx.at
Sun Feb 17 11:08:21 GMT 2008

Hi!

Thank you for your help.

Olly Betts schrieb:
> You don't say what platform you're using, but most Unix-like platforms
> provided an environmental variable which you can set to a list of paths
> to be searched for shared libraries.
> [...]
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/where/xapian-core/really/is/lib
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> <run java program>
>
> I believe you can also pass the option
> -Djava.library.path=/path/to/where/xapian-core/really/is/lib when
> invoking the java interpreter, but setting the environmental variable
> works better

I'm running ubuntu 7.04.
Setting "java.library.path" did not work for me, but using
LD_LIBRARY_PATH works.

I've already tried using LD_LIBRARY_PATH before, but I did not realize
that eclipse does not recognize environment variables defined on the
command-line. If I specify it in the launch configuration it works.
Thanks :-)

Regards,
Martin