[Xapian-discuss] Can't get xapian-core 1.05 to build under windows xp

Charlie Hull charlie at juggler.net
Fri Feb 29 09:43:13 GMT 2008

Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> Ok so I thought maybe that the path with all the spaces might be causing
> problems.
> so I moved it to a shorter path without any spaces and now I get this.
>
> C:\TMP\xapian-core-1.0.5\win32>nmake
>
> The system cannot find the path specified.
>         0 file(s) copied.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'if' : return code '0x1'
> Stop.

This part of the main makefile is attempting to copy
win32_bindings_python.mak to the bindings directory. You'll need to
check XAPIAN_BINDINGS in config.mak is the correct relative path from
the win32 folder to the bindings folder. The path fettling in the Win32
makefiles is rather horrible I'm afraid.

Cheers

Charlie