[Xapian-discuss] How many docs to feed to an RSet?

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Fri Feb 29 09:58:38 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm just trying out get_eset() to fetch terms to go under a "possibly
relevant terms" or similar heading on my search results pages. When
compiling the RSet to feed to get_eset(), how many documents should I add?
As I've just fetched results for a search, do I feed in all the result
documents (a default of 20 on a page), or less? The code calls
get_mset(0,500) in order to have exact "number of results" for less than 500
results, so could conceivably feed up to 500 in, though I'm guessing that's
not that helpful/fast.

ATB,
Matthew