[Xapian-discuss] PHP Fatal error while indexing Wikipedia

Robert Young bubblenut at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 00:37:09 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm indexing a Wikipedia dump as a way of getting to grips with how
Xapian works but I'm hitting a problem. Indexing fails with the error
pasted below. Although I haven't managed to nail down exactly which
Wikipedia article is causing the error, I am pretty sure it is the
same one each time. I will try to find out exactly which one it is
causing the problem but I was wondering if anyone has come across this
problem before. The only thing I can think it may be is a dodgy
character, is this something which might make Xapian stumble?

PHP Fatal error:  No matching function for overloaded
'TermGenerator_index_text' in /usr/local/lib/php/xapian.php on line
1482

Thanks
Rob