[Xapian-discuss] Wiki link from doc confusing

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jan 2 13:18:14 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 01:02:51PM +0100, Yannick Warnier wrote:
> The Xapian documentation page [1] mentions the wiki and provides a link
> to it, but the link itself points to a general page of MoinMoin Wiki,
> which doesn't help in anything regarding Xapian.

There are two links to the wiki from that page, both to
http://wiki.xapian.org/ which isn't a general MoinMoin page, but a brief
introduction to what a wiki is, followed by the contents of the wiki.

It sounds like you're seeing something different somehow.

> I think it would be far more useful if it was linked to
> http://wiki.xapian.org/IndexTitre or any better content-listing page.

Hmm, perhaps your browser is set to ask for french pages and MoinMoin is
showing you a different front page.  What wiki page are you getting for
http://wiki.xapian.org/ ?  I guess we need to delete any such alternative
language front pages to avoid this problem.