[Xapian-discuss] Wiki link from doc confusing

Yannick Warnier ywarnier at beeznest.org
Wed Jan 2 16:27:12 GMT 2008

Le mercredi 02 janvier 2008 à 13:18 +0000, Olly Betts a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 01:02:51PM +0100, Yannick Warnier wrote:
> > The Xapian documentation page [1] mentions the wiki and provides a link
> > to it, but the link itself points to a general page of MoinMoin Wiki,
> > which doesn't help in anything regarding Xapian.
>
> There are two links to the wiki from that page, both to
> http://wiki.xapian.org/ which isn't a general MoinMoin page, but a brief
> introduction to what a wiki is, followed by the contents of the wiki.

I can see one in the header links and one in the text. Both point to
http://wiki.xapian.org/

> It sounds like you're seeing something different somehow.
>
> > I think it would be far more useful if it was linked to
> > http://wiki.xapian.org/IndexTitre or any better content-listing page.
>
> Hmm, perhaps your browser is set to ask for french pages and MoinMoin is
> showing you a different front page.  What wiki page are you getting for
> http://wiki.xapian.org/ ?  I guess we need to delete any such alternative
> language front pages to avoid this problem.

It *is* indeed set to ask for french pages first, and MoinMoin is giving
me this page: http://wiki.xapian.org/PageAccueil

I am also for the removal of language alternatives. So far everything is
in English and starting with translations do use a lot of resources,
which I don't think anybody would want to put in this right now.

Yannick