[Xapian-discuss] Phrase Search on Stemmed Data

Deniz Dalli dalli at capsid.com
Fri Jan 4 18:12:52 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm using Xapian from version 0.9.6 on and now converted from 0.9.9 to
1.0.5. Indeed the possibility to index a whole bunch of data by
TermGenerator is a good one, but I found difficulties searching phrases.
Since I read some entries in the list I know why.

But isn't there a convenient way in Xapian to decide when a phrased
query is submitted to parse the query with the exact terms and to parse
the string and having stemmed(, Z-prefixed) terms when a non-phrased
query is submitted. Is there any flag to set which I might have missed.

Thanks,

Deniz