[Xapian-discuss] set_sort_by_relevance_then_value cutoff Problem

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jan 10 03:25:33 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 04:29:37PM +0100, Wojewsky, Sascha, Heinze wrote:
> i've a problem with "set_sort_by_relevance_then_value". I've got a
> different hitcount (get_matches_estimated) by using
> "set_sort_by_relevance" (376 for example) or
> "set_sort_by_relevance_then_value" (78 for example).

Variations on this question pop up pretty often, so I've just written a
new FAQ entry:

http://wiki.xapian.org/FAQ#head-007b42a813e61db4c9e95eaa20273cf264bb9bbd

> you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
> error please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
> Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
> in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Please don't post to public mailing lists with such disclaimers.  If
you're unable to prevent your employer adding them to every mail, sign
up for a free webmail account for list use.