[Xapian-discuss] Help me compile xapian + python on solaris

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Jan 12 02:49:38 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 08:46:46PM -0500, mario alejandro wrote:
> Ok, and about the first compiled error?

The first and second errors seem to be exactly the same, just with
different make output around them (because you used different make
programs).

> I read that xapian is sucesfully compiled on solaris 10.

I don't have access to a solaris box myself currently, but I've had
success reports for various versions (including solaris 10 on sparc just
a days ago).  I don't know if those people tried to build the Python
bindings though.  Judging by that OpenSolaris bug report, the bug you've
hit has existed since at least March 2006.

If you manage to find a way to work around this bug, it would be great
to know.

> For this exact task, I can deploy on linux or freebsd.

Phew!