[Xapian-discuss] How to make term weight ignored?

Sungsoo Kim xingshou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:50:12 GMT 2008

I have learned there are two ways to apply weight to the terms from the
following FAQ.

http://wiki.xapian.org/FAQ#head-3c17843de2310bf942166d976b212acfce9ddc89

My xapian database was built with term weight set, which is the 2nd method
in the above document. Usually this is fine and I use BM25Weight scheme. But
sometimes I want to ignore the term weight in the database and use different
weight using OP_SCALE_WEIGHT.

But I couldn't find a way to do this. If I use BoolWeight scheme, would term
weight in the database be ignored and OP_SCALE_WEIGHT still be effective?

Sungsoo Kim