[Xapian-discuss] debs for perl libs

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jul 16 01:17:08 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:29:29AM +0100, Matthew Somerville wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Do you mean libsearch-xapian-perl? I'm using 1.0.5 fine on etch for
> > TheyWorkForYou; looks like I simply made it using dh-make-perl on a
> > sarge machine, and that installs fine (for us) on an etch machine.
>
> Hmm, no, I remembered wrongly, but thankfully I posted to this very list at
> the time! :)
> http://lists.xapian.org/pipermail/xapian-discuss/2008-January/005153.html

Note that the Search::Xapian debian packaging was put together by
someone else (Frank Lichtenheld, IIRC) and is maintained by the Debian
Perl packaging team, so you might do better to direct bug reports to
them rather than this list.

Perhaps Makefile.PL should get the version string to compare against
some other way - suggestions/patches welcome.  I'd really like to avoid
duplicating the information though, as that adds to the list of tedious
things to do when making a release.

To answer the original question, I don't currently build backported
packages of libsearch-xapian-perl for the repo on xapian.org, but it is
something I'm hoping to find time to sort out.