[Xapian-discuss] Searching for numbers and roman numerals

Ben Phillips ben at playfire.com
Wed Jul 16 15:52:10 BST 2008

We're indexing our game database and want to return Grand Theft Auto
IV when someone searches for Grand Theft Auto 4 (and vice versa) -
would using synonyms for roman numerals be appropriate here or is
there a more appropriate solution? We'd also like to return Grand
Theft Auto IV when somebody searches for Grand Theft Auto Four as
well.

We only need to cope with low values so entering all of these manually
as synonyms wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,
Ben.

--