[Xapian-discuss] docx support

Charlie Hull charlie at juggler.net
Thu Jul 24 08:52:35 BST 2008

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 04:08:26AM +0930, Frank Bruzzaniti wrote:
>> Is office 2007 formats like docx supported?
>
> Out of the box, not unless antiword supports it.  The last update to the
> debian packaged version was August 2006, so I suspect the answer is
> "no".

Just to say that we've looked at this for Flax and we're using the
IFilter system, which since it is provided for Microsoft is pretty good
with Microsoft formats. Of course, this only works on a Windows box, and
needs COM, and it's not open source, so you'd probably need to parse
into an intermediate format. There's a list of available IFilters on
www.ifilter.org

Cheers

Charlie