[Xapian-discuss] Creating or Opening a Database

Iain Emsley iainemsley at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:41:27 BST 2008

When I run it off the command line or run module in Idle, it appears to run
but the expected c:\index folder does not appear and the file which is being
pointed at is not being read. I'm using the Windows installer from
http://www.raptorized.com/xapian-python-win32/ which appears to be Xapian
1.0.6 running on Python 2.5.

I had this issue when I first started with changing the simpleindex.py
script line:
database = xapian.WritableDatabase(sys.argv[1], xapian.DB_CREATE_OR_OPEN) so
that sys,argv[1] pointed at an index in my c: drive.

I'm assuming that the _db file is not being opened so that nothing is being
indexed.

MTIA, Iain