[Xapian-discuss] Has anyone gotten Xapian java bindings to work with Eclipse?

Jim jim at fayettedigital.com
Tue Jun 17 19:50:57 BST 2008

Jarrod Roberson wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:04 AM, Jim <jim at fayettedigital.com
> <mailto:jim at fayettedigital.com>> wrote:
>
>     Jarrod Roberson wrote:
>

>         On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Jim <jim at fayettedigital.com
>         <mailto:jim at fayettedigital.com> <mailto:jim at fayettedigital.com
>         <mailto:jim at fayettedigital.com>>> wrote:
>
>            I've been trying and for some reason the build is ignoring
>         its own
>            classpath.  I think it's time to go back to Tomcat, vi and
>         ant.  ;)
>
>            Jim.
>

>         which java bindings are you trying to use?
>         the original hand coded one or the newer swig based one?
>
>     Ah, I downloaded xapian-bindings-1.0.6.tgz, extracted, cd'ed,
>     configured, cd'ed to the java directory and built. What one am I
>     using?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Jim.
>

> you are using the old hand coded bindings, probably not going to get
> much help on those

That begs the question as how to install the more modern ones.

It was pretty intuitive to use them since the top level README contains
the following:

Java            Java bindings (built using JNI) contributed by Eric B.
Ridge.
                See java/README for Java binding specific information.

Perhaps it's time to change the docs if what you say is true.

Jim.