[Xapian-discuss] Has anyone gotten Xapian java bindings to work with Eclipse?

Jim jim at fayettedigital.com
Sat Jun 21 16:44:29 BST 2008

Jim wrote:

With no input, I went ahead and packaged the java swig  classes and
finally have been able to get this far via ant/vi/tomcat.  Eclipse is
still doing strange things.

Once I get a decent deployment, this message pops up when I try to run
the servlet via something like http://localhost:8189/XapianTest/SmokeTest

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: swig_module_init
	org.xapian.java_swig.XapianJNI.<clinit>(XapianJNI.java:501)
	java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.81)
	org.xapian.java_swig.Stem.<init>(Stem.java:37)

LinkError seems to tell me I might be missing a library somewhere.  In the soure I see the swig_module_init entry in the XapianJNI class and that class is in the deployed war file.  Since Stem is being found, I don't think it's a problem of tomcat not finding the jar but I don't know where else to look.