[Xapian-discuss] Error with remote DB (using tcpSrv)

Ron Kass ron at pidgintech.com
Mon Mar 3 13:59:19 GMT 2008

We are getting these exceptions on some the remote nodes quite often,
which causes the search to fail entirely.

This is the output of the tcpSrv:

    "Got exception NetworkError: Received EOF (context:
/fts1/Database_1/ /fts1/Database_1_ARCHIVE/ /fts2/Database_2/
/fts2/Database_2_ARCHIVE/)

Closing connection."

We have 5 such nodes. Each contain 4 databases as above (two "database_"
and two "database_*_ARCHIVE"). All show these exceptions.

we expanded the default timeout to 60000 (from the original 10000).
These exceptions happen right away and not after many seconds, so its
not a search timeout issue anyway.

Any thoughts..