[Xapian-discuss] How many docs to feed to an RSet?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Mar 4 21:08:22 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:15:02PM +0000, Matthew Somerville wrote:
> Richard Boulton wrote:
> > There have been some bugs in the implementation of this - a couple were
> > fixed in 1.0.3 and another in 1.0.4 - if you're using 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 (or
> > SVN HEAD), I think this is a newly discovered problem.
>
> Let me know if I can do anything to help (not sure my C++ skills are up to
> solving it myself, but will happily run queries/produce data etc.).

We need to be able to see how this is going wrong.  It's annoyingly
fiddly to handle this case.

Is the database small enough to give us a copy to prod?

Otherwise, it would be interesting to see the bounds - print out
get_matches_upper_bound() and get_matches_lower_bound() as well as
get_matches_estimated() for each N.

> As I increase the first argument to get_mset() it eventually starts
> returning the right result.

Did you mean third rather than first here?