[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.6 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Mar 18 02:05:41 GMT 2008

I've uploaded Xapian 1.0.6, which as usual you can download from:

http://www.xapian.org/download.php

Some highlights:

This release adds the ability to perform single-ended value range checks.

The stemmers have been sped up (by around 2.5%).

xapian-check and xapian-compact now handle user metadata better.

We now update the base files atomically to avoid problems with reading
processes finding partially written ones.

Lazily created tables now get the correct revision.

OS/2 support has been integrated.

omindex now supports indexing DjVu files.

Three new OmegaScript commands have been added: $addfilter, $lower, $upper.

The Python module now always has the extension which Python expects, which
fixes a problem on Mac OS X.

For an broader overview see:

http://wiki.xapian.org/ReleaseOverview/1.0.6

The full lists of user-visible changes are linked to from there, and are
also available via the "[news]" links on the download page.

As always, if you encounter problems, please report them here, or to
the bugtracker.

Search::Xapian 1.0.6.0 and Debian and Ubuntu packages should follow
later this week.