[Xapian-discuss] scriptindex + zombie processes

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Wed Mar 19 14:13:42 GMT 2008

Last night we experienced a problem with scriptindex where it spawned
many (80 or so) zombie processes.  This same problem occurred earlier
this month as well, and also a couple of times in January.  It actually
spawned hundreds of these processes during these previous occurrences.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

scriptindex has generally been quite well behaved for us, we run it
almost constantly, so we're not quite sure what triggers the problem.

Thanks!
Jim