[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.6 released

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Thu Mar 20 11:52:36 GMT 2008

Fabrice Colin wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:00 PM,  Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
>>  I've uploaded Xapian 1.0.6, which as usual you can download from:
>>
>>  http://www.xapian.org/download.php
>>
>>  Some highlights:
>>
>>  This release adds the ability to perform single-ended value range checks.
>>
>>  The stemmers have been sped up (by around 2.5%).
>>
>>  xapian-check and xapian-compact now handle user metadata better.
>>
> Good job on that. I can confirm databases with metadata are compacted correctly,
> except that, AFAICT, this metadata is not carried over to the
> compacted database.
> Shall I file a bug report ?

Please do.  In particular, is this when compacting a single database, or
when merging several databases?  It's not clear to me what the correct
behaviour is when a metadata key occurs (with different values) in
multiple databases, but I certainly thought that we'd made this work in
the single database case.

--
Richard