[Xapian-discuss] how to compile java-swig under linux.

Jarrod Roberson jarrod at vertigrated.com
Mon Mar 24 17:41:09 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 03:10:03PM -0500, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun-1.6.0.04/bin/javac -classpath .:. -d .
> Auto.java
> > ./XapianJNI.java:192: cannot find symbol
> > symbol  : class Sorter
>
> Looks like java-swig/Makefile.am needs updating with the extra java
> sources which SWIG generates for the new classes.  I'll try to sort that
> out for 1.0.6.
>
> Cheers,
>     Olly

Ok, looks like everything compiles and builds under Linux right now. I
haven't had a chance to actually code against it yet.
I am still kind of stuck on windows right now :-( I hope to actually try and
get some code executing against the java-swig binding code later today.
One peculiarity is that everything is in the default package.