[Xapian-discuss] Proper noun stemming

Colin Bell colinabell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:05:05 GMT 2008

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had a solution for the following problem.

I user QueryParser to stem my documents before adding them to a
database. During the stemming process I would like to find a way of
keeping proper nouns that span two or more words together as a phrase.
For example "New York" or "Gordon Brown" or "Prime Minister" get spilt
up. I see the STEM_SOME allows some operators, but I can't see how
these might help in this situation.

Any ideas would be appreciated as always.

Many thanks

Colin