[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.6 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Mar 30 15:05:36 BST 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 02:05:41AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> Search::Xapian 1.0.6.0 and Debian and Ubuntu packages should follow
> later this week.

One extra-long week later, Search::Xapian 1.0.6.0 is now available:

http://xapian.org/download.php

Overview:

    You can now construct a Query from a mixed list of Query objects and
    strings (previously the list had to be all Query objects or all
    strings).

    OP_SCALE_WEIGHT, OP_VALUE_GE, OP_VALUE_LE, and the corresponding
    Query constructor overloads are now wrapped.

    The optional prefix argument to WritableDatabase::allterms_begin()
    and WritableDatabase::allterms_end() is now wrapped.

    We've added a workaround to avoid problems from accessing deleted
    Sorter objects.

    And the documentation has been improved.

The Debian and Ubuntu packages won't be out for a bit longer.  The main
issue is I can't get my desktop box to boot since shipping it, and that
is all set up for building them - in particular it has the archive
signing key on.  The disks should be OK as I took them in hand luggage
but I don't currently have a way to read data off them!

It'll also be simpler to upload packages once the webserver is sorted
out properly again.  Hopefully that'll happen fairly soon.