[Xapian-discuss] MatchSpy:ing on a large recordset

alexander lind malte at webstay.org
Thu May 22 07:03:04 BST 2008

Hi All

I have a project in the works that will have a 10-15M records with a
set of arbitrary attributes on each record.

I need to build a system where a user can filter the recordset by
selecting attribute values and/or negating on them, and for each
attribute value given, the amount of matching records needs to be
calculated in realtime - 1-2 seconds lookup time is acceptable.

I must also be able to update the attributes of large sets of records
without making the system fall over.

Can this be achieved with Xapian and the MatchSpy functionality?

I will have a pretty powerful machine for this project, so if a large
amount of RAM etc is OK.

Cheers
Alec