[Xapian-discuss] Indexing PDF, DOC etc.

Florian Beer florian.beer at dark-green.com
Thu Nov 6 11:31:03 GMT 2008

I'm trying to index PDFs that are stored in a MySQL database (blob
field) using omindex now.
What's the exact call to tell omindex to index a byte stream (passed
directly from my Python programm) instead of specifying a directory on
the commandline?

Is this even possible, or would I have to first write the PDF data out
from the MySQL to a temporary file, let it index (supplying arbitrary
metadata) and then delete the temp file?