[Xapian-discuss] How to get term weight?

zhiguo li zhiguo.li at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 20:02:31 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a simple question and I hope somebody could help me: given a Mset
"matches" and a Query "query", how do I get the weight of the terms in the
query? Suppose I use the BM25 weighting schme and I have the document
statistics from the database "db".

Or put it another way: I followed the code in Xapian and I know that when
Xapian performed the search, it computed "get_sumpart" and "get_sumextra".
How can I retrieve the query term weight for each document in the Mset?

Thanks,

Kevin