[Xapian-discuss] How to use Xapian to build a Desktop Search Application in Win32 platform?

Jinqian Huang blisdom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 19:56:34 GMT 2008

Hello ,I want to develop a simple and lightweight desktop
search(fulltext) tool on Windows recently.
After a lot of comparison ,I decide to use Xapian as the
indexing-engine ,but i haven't found any useful article or tutorial
that can help me implement my idea.I don't know how to process
different types of files and it's contens when using Xapian.Can
anybody give me some directions or advices?
Is Xapian a good choice as the engine for implement what i want?
Is there any another alternative can do this easily?
Thanks advance!