[Xapian-discuss] indexing for newbies?

Bobo Wieland bobo at kodlabbet.se
Tue Oct 14 15:18:58 BST 2008

Hi again.

I _know_ that this is asking a lot, but I have no idea how to do
this. As I've said in my previous mail (see below) I think xapian.org
lacks a good guide of how to do things.

(btw I use the php-bindings)

Anyway, this is an example of one piece of data i want to index - but
I don't know how to do it. The capital prefix to each row is just some
way for me to inform you what the data is, it has nothing to do with
xapian...:

NAME_OF_COMPETITION Upsala Elit Jr Cup
START_DATE 2008-09-19
END_DATE 2008-09-28
GEOGRAFIC_REGION Uppsala
GEOGRAFIC_REGION Uppland
GEOGRAFIC_REGION Region Mitt
ORGANIZER usif
CLASS P12
CLASS_P12_DATE 2008-09-14
CLASS P14
CLASS_P14_DATE 2008-09-14
CLASS PD14
CLASS_PD14_DATE 2008-09-22
CLASS F12
CLASS_F12_DATE 2008-09-14
CLASS F14
CLASS_F14_DATE 2008-09-14
CLASS FD14
CLASS_FD14_DATE 2008-09-22

If I want to register for a competition and I'm in the class F12 I
will search for competitions that has a F12 class and that is open for
registration (that is all competition that has CLASS_F12_DATE <
today). This I will do through an advanced search form.
I don't need any help with the search form but how to index data like
the data above to make searches as the one i specified possible.

mvh

Bobo Wieland - Kodstationen AB
Kodstationen AB
Järnvägsstationen