[Xapian-discuss] Geolocation

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Mon Oct 20 07:47:33 BST 2008

double wrote:
> Andreas Marienborg schrieb:
>> Hello :)
>>
>> Has anyone ever done geo-searching with xapian?
>>
> For geolocation you will want to use a HTM (Hierarchical Triangular
> Mesh) library:
> http://www.sdss.jhu.edu/htm/

There's some preliminary work on geolocation in the "geolocation" branch
in the xapian repository.  It's not currently functional, but I'm likely
to be finishing it off in the coming weeks.  I used the HTM approach for
partitioning the data, for efficiency (though there's rather more
involved than just plugging an HTM library in).

--
Richard