[Xapian-discuss] GSoC Mentor Summit

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Oct 25 00:37:14 BST 2008

This year Richard Boulton and I mentored projects for SWIG, both of
which will be beneficial to Xapian in the future.

Richard mentored Haoyu Bai adding support for Python 3.  The project has
already been merged back into SWIG trunk, and should be in the next
release.

I mentored Cheryl Foil adding the ability to parse doxygen comments from
the input headers, and output them again into the generated wrappers
translated to the native documentation format as appropriate.  This will
allow us to produce mostly automatic API documentation for each of the
bindings (once support for their formats is added).

You can find more details in the announcement on: http://www.swig.org/

I'm attending the Mentor Summit at Google's HQ in California this
weekend.  I've noticed a couple of familiar names of people I know use
Xapian on the attendee list, but I suspect there are more - if you're
attending and fancy a chat, let me know.

I'll also be around in San Francisco until I fly out on Wednesday,
so if you're not attending but live in the area, we can probably meet
up.