[Xapian-discuss] Problems with AND-combined queries

Manuel Kägi kaegi at granitsoft.ch
Mon Sep 8 16:54:22 BST 2008

Hi

I wnat to use Xapian to use Fulltext search on my Database application
I could index my Database Objects an can search for simple Pattern

I have set an Id Value by
        $doc->add_value($this->ENTITY_ID, $entityId);

to retrive my Db-Identifiers of the Search results

also a added a Prefixed term
       $doc->add_term("T".$entityTyp);

to be able to do search queries like "type:document"

therfore I set the Prefix to the QueryParser befor parsing the Query

       $parser = new XapianQueryParser();
       $parser->add_prefix("type", "T");
       $parser->set_stemmer($stemmer);
       $parser->set_stemming_strategy(XapianQueryParser::STEM_SOME);
       $parser->set_database($this->xapianDb);
       $queryParsed = $parser->parse_query($pattern,
$this->DEFAULT_SEARCH_FLAGS);

So.. this all works if i search "type:document " OR any simple query
(e.g. "backup"), but not the i want to search
"backup AND type:document". Doing so i always get an empty result set.

Has anyonone an idea why, and how this problem can be solved?

XapianQueryParser::FLAG_BOOLEAN is set.

Thanks for your help

--
Corvent GmbH