[Xapian-discuss] Making SORTAFTER useful in omega?

Arjen van der Meijden acmmailing at tweakers.net
Sat Sep 13 08:56:41 BST 2008

You're probably right. But I'm not too proficient in C++ and the inner
workings of Xapian. I already found the place in omega where to alter
the weighting-scheme in query.cc, and did try changing it to the
TradWeight-scheme. But that didn't help much.
So what can I change to actually have results that get same scores when
they would have gotten almost the same scores from BM25/TradWeight?

Do I have to roll my own weighting scheme? Or are there settings for
BM25 or TradWeight that already provide such a result set?

Best regards,

Arjen