[Xapian-discuss] searching categories

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Apr 28 10:55:10 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:40:02AM +0200, james cauwelier wrote:

> Here is some testing I have done.  I have removed the space, so that I have
> a unique indexable term.  Why can I index 'piep' and find it in a query,
> while indexing and querying 'engelseboeken' doesn't seem to work in the same
> way?

engelseboeken is stemming to engelseboek. piep is stemming to
piep. You need to ensure that QueryParser-style stemming is occurring
as you create the XCATEGORY-prefixed terms, and the easiest way of
doing this is to use the TermGenerator.

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org