[Xapian-discuss] Xapian performance on gmane.org compared

Henry henka at cityweb.co.za
Fri Aug 28 07:57:28 BST 2009

"Olly Betts" <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> ...lots of food for thought...

Thanks for the considered post, Olly.

So what's the bottom line?  I'm going to spend some time now building
an equivalent sized flint DB to see whether it's best to revert; but
it would be interesting to know what your gut is telling you (I can't
parse exactly what your final judgement was in your post):  flint or
chert for phrase searching?

I figure that if I can get acceptable phrase performance, the rest
(term) will be so fast as to fall below my worry-radar.

Thanks
Henry