[Xapian-discuss] Filelocks not released

Niels Boldt nielsboldt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:27:18 GMT 2009

Hi,

We are using xapian in .Net with the provided bindings.

Currently we need to move the files forming an index into a database, so an
index can be shared by several users of the application. It is a desktop
application.

So we have a Xapian.WritableDatabase which we do arbitrary updates on and at
some time we call dispose on the index and then we want to copy the files.

But this procedure keeps giving us errors because xapian does not release
the locks it holds on the files, so we cannot get access to copy them. Is it
not sufficient to call 'Dispose'. Should the object also be finalized before
the locks on the files are release

Best Regards
Niels

--