[Xapian-discuss] Text snippets

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Dec 24 01:55:36 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:29:52AM +0300, Do. wrote:
> Is there advancements in snippeting? (Besides what mentioned in the wiki.) I
> think extracting snippets is clearly IR task. And I hope Xapian will provide
> at least helpers to do that.

I agree that it is a feature which would fit well in Xapian, but nobody has
yet implemented it.  I don't know of anybody currently working on it (and
since nobody else has responded to your post, I guess nobody is).

There's a ticket in trac as well as the FAQ entry.  The FAQ entry had some
rough edges (e.g. the sample thread it linked to wasn't about snippets at all)
so I've overhauled it, and linked to the ticket as part of that:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/Snippets