[Xapian-discuss] problem on closing writable databases

Markus Wörle mrks at mrks.de
Tue Feb 10 08:42:25 GMT 2009

Am 10.02.2009 um 03:12 schrieb Kevin Duraj:

> You must use: copydatabase then your Xapian Index will free unused
> disk space from deleted documents.

Thank you for your hint, but that does not help me on my problem. My
problem is actually that I am not able to _close_  writable indices
properly. With closing I mean "not having any open filehandle left in
my process or any child-processes (like /bin/cat)", because disk space
from deleted _files_ (on disk) gets freed not till then every single
handle to it is closed. My issue is, that /bin/cat randomly (?, it
seems so) remains with open files after closing.

Regards,
mrks