[Xapian-discuss] Query with version-numbers won't allow pages with Omega

Arjen van der Meijden acmmailing at tweakers.net
Wed Jan 7 18:25:55 GMT 2009

Hello list,

A user discovered that searching for a query like 'counter strike 1.6'
it is impossible to navigate to any but the first page in the search
results.

We mimic the original 'query'-template behaviour with omega, by
supplying the 'xDB', 'xP' and 'xFILTERS'-parameters back to omega once a
search has been done. And my guess is that omega somehow misses the fact
that the '1.6' in this case is actually already in the xP (which is
something like Zcounter.Zstrik.1.6.), with strings with a '.' in between
it does work (paging with "counter.strike 1 6" works just fine).

It seems that the version-number is the culprit here.

We still use Xapian/Omega 1.0.5 and its not really trivial to just
update to a newer version to see if such a small bug is fixed, but I
didn't see any change in the changelog that suggests this issue being
fixed with any of the newer versions?
If not, I'll report it to trac.

Best regards,

Arjen