[Xapian-discuss] Error Opening database : Too many open files

Yann ROBIN me.show at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:49:47 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM, James Aylett <james-xapian at tartarus.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:43:01PM +0100, Yann ROBIN wrote:
>
>> I'm working in C#. And i do dispose the object ... so the destructor
>> "should" be called (according to swig code).
>
> I don't know enough about C# to know if it will actually dispose at
> that point, or if it'll put it in a bin for later disposal by GC.
>
>> But yeah i think this might be something with the wrapping, but i
>> don't find where the "close" occurs in xapian code, as there is no
>> "closing code" in the destructor of ChertDatabase.
>> By the way, i'm working with a version of the repository, with chert
>> as backend.
>
> With trunk, there's an explicit close() method. It's in r11797 for the
> SWIG bindings.

I can't get the revision r11797 or the lastest to build :(
I'm getting an error in the configure about making c# bindings.
Then i run the configure only for xapian-core and the make, and i get
error on the languages.
I took the cc files of the old release i've build, but then i get
error on queryparser_* not found (the file is ignored in the
repository).

Is there any revision with the close function that build ?

Thanks,

--
Yann