[Xapian-discuss] Indexing and searching on a custom data type

Thomas Chambon t.chambon at symetrie.com
Wed Jul 8 15:24:02 BST 2009

>Alternatively, you can indeed implement this in code. For sorting,
>look at Xapian::Sorter, and for matching look at Xapian::MatchDecider

The problem is that my custom data type is not a string, or a date or an
integer. It is more like a series of intervals (An interval is
represented by two dates). With postgresql I have created a custom data
type to stock a vector of intervals. But this type doesn't exist in
xapian, so it can't be indexed.
Is it possible to index a vector of dates as a term ? If it is possible,
it should be possible to implement customs  Xapian::Sorter and
Xapian::MatchDecider to manage a request on that term.

Thanks a lot,

Thomas C.