[Xapian-discuss] Indexing and searching on a custom data type

Thomas Chambon t.chambon at symetrie.com
Thu Jul 9 08:41:08 BST 2009

> It sounds to me like you can serialise this data into a single string,
> and then store that in a document value slot at index time.
>
> Then at search time you can use a MatchDecider which can fetch the
> serialised string, unpack it to get the candidate document's fuzzy date,
> and check if it matches whatever criteria you want to impose.
Thanks, I think it should work fine that way !

My other problem is that I am using Xapian with acts_as_xapian on ruby
on rails.
acts_as_xapian uses two dependencies : libxapian15 and
libxapian-ruby1.8.
After making my changes and compiling Xapian, should I make changes on
the ruby binding too ? Is there an easy way to use my xapian changes on
my ruby on rails app ?

Thanks a lot !
Thomas C.