[Xapian-discuss] XAPIAN_FLUSH_THRESHOLD

Frank John Bruzzaniti frank.bruzzaniti at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:00:39 BST 2009

I'm playing around with a machine that has 2 GB of memory.
Indexing about 5GB of data average of 2MB per document.
The documents are plain text.

I notice the omindex's memory fott print get's biger an bigger then the
machine starts to swap and it all slows down to a crawl.

In regards to export XAPIAN_FLUSH_THRESHOLD I know the default is 10000

Am I right in saying that for my setup I should be doing export
XAPIAN_FLUSH_THRESHOLD=1000 because:

1000 documents * 2MB doc size = 2gig of memory required before a flush
to disk?