[Xapian-discuss] FW: Wondering about the n-gram QP ?

Tom Leitch tom.leitch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:03:37 BST 2009

Apologies, silly corporate auto-boilerplate.

Thanks for letting me know the good news Richard.

We had attempted to create a Perl module which has the same interface as
Xapian::Search::Stem (i.e. new() and stem_word()) and then say
$qp->set_stemmer(new PurePerlNGramStemmer());

However we were thwarted by this error message
"Search::Xapian::QueryParser::set_stemmer() -- stemmer is not a blessed SV
reference".  Might there be a way we could trick QueryParser into using a
pure Perl module, rather than an opaque C++ object ?

tom