[Xapian-discuss] Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Mon Jun 1 21:16:01 BST 2009

Hi,

We recently started running into the Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError
problem under Perl (ticket #284), due to a change in the way we update
our database.

I noticed that newer versions of Xapian are supposed to deal with this
problem (ticket #284), so we upgraded to 1.0.12.

I now am able to properly trap the error, most of the time, by using
eval and checking $@ to see if it matches "revision being read has been
discarded".

The problem is that every once in a while I still see a segfault:

'Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError'
Aborted

I have been unable to determine why the segfaults still sometimes occur
... any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jim