[Xapian-discuss] Installing svn (was Xapian 1.0.13 released)

Henry henka at cityweb.co.za
Wed Jun 3 08:47:48 BST 2009

Just documenting this for good karma:

It looks like I was having a spot of bother getting the svn to run
correctly because make was using /usr/local/bin/xapian-config instead
of /usr/local/bin/xapian-config-1.1 (ie, at some point I had also
installed the stable version).

So,... to get the two to co-exist, get svn/search-xapian going with:

perl Makefile.PL XAPIAN_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/xapian-config-1.1
make...

...and in other news, Perl 6 will be released Real Soon Now!

Henry