[Xapian-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2009

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 10 04:55:14 BST 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 02:01:55AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> The SWIG-related projects from our list are still available under the
> auspices of SWIG:
>
> http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/swig

A quick update - there are two SWIG GSoC 2009 projects relevant to
Xapian.  These are:

Kosei MORIYAMA: "Implement Perl binding for Xapian using SWIG":
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/swig/t124025045266

Generating the Perl bindings with SWIG will fix the missing wrappers for
some features, and make it much easier to keep the Perl bindings
up-to-date in the future.  Richard Boulton is mentoring Kosei.

Kosei is working in a branch in Xapian's SVN repo, but there's not much
to see there yet:

http://trac.xapian.org/browser/branches/gsoc2009-kosei

Miklos Vajna: "Director support for PHP":
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/swig/t124025043950

This will allow wrapped objects like MatchDecider to be subclassed in PHP
which is something that has been asked about repeatedly.  I am mentoring
Miklos.