[Xapian-discuss] Linux Conf "Australia" 2010 Miniconf?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 16 05:20:52 BST 2009

Linux Conf Australia 2010 is being held in Wellington, New Zealand from
Monday 18th January to Saturday 23rd January 2010:

http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

I'm planning to attend since that's near where I live.

The first two days will be a series of parallel one day miniconfs, and I
was wondering if we should propose a Xapian one (we have until July 17th
to do so):

http://www.lca2010.org.nz/media/news/47

The format is pretty open to interpretation, but for example
we could include presentations about Xapian itself and from users of
Xapian, workshops, unconference-style lightning talks, and perhaps even
a development sprint.

I'd like to get an idea of interest among existing users, particularly
if you're happy to contribute to running a segment (since I don't think
I can fill a whole day single-handed!)  But it would also be good to
hear from people just interested in attending.

I've created a page on the wiki where you can add any comments or ideas.
Don't be shy!

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/LCA2010MiniConf