[Xapian-discuss] some problems and prefixes

Rafi webdeveloper at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Jun 20 22:00:08 BST 2009

Hello Olly,

Saturday, June 20, 2009, 3:00:30 PM, you wrote:

OB> This isn't a self-contained example though - I can't run it without
OB> adding in missing code (e.g. setting XAPIAN_DB_FILE) and setting up a
OB> SQL database containing data unknown to me.
sorry I didnt get you. But I think where might be a problem. Today
I've tested ruby binding (with using acts_as_xapian plugin, and there
after flushing I got error like "DatabaseError: Error reading from
file". I've Ubuntu on VirtualBox (hosting on XP), Im trying to save
files under ubuntu, but this is shared dir with windows, I've tried to
put into /tmp/ (which is not shared) but eithr this cannot be flushed
;/. On another computer with straight debian lenny - its working fine.
If you tell me, how I can check (trace) what is going on when xapian
tries to flush, than I'll send you feedback.

--
Best regards,
 Rafi                            mailto:webdeveloper at poczta.onet.pl