[Xapian-discuss] omindex hangs while scanning

Elke + Rolf Koehling er-koehling at gmx.de
Sun Jun 21 13:23:26 BST 2009

Hi Olly,

I am using :

    MSYS-1.0.10.exe
    mingwrt-3.15.2-mingw32-dev.tar
    gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)

with upgrades of:
    autoconf-2.61.tar.bz2
    automake-1.10.tar.bz2
    libtool-1.5.24.tar.gz

    xapian-core-1.0.13.tar
    xapian-omega-1.0.13.tar

Note: I had some minor problem compiling it, but solved that with help
from google:
    libtool: ignoring unknown tag CXX
    The AC_LIBTOOL_TAGS([CXX])
    macro in configure.ac needs CXX to be set before it is used. Placing
    an AC_PROG_CXX before it solves this problem and the build continues.

Starting the omindex I get the following output

    [Entering directory /]
    [Entering directory /book]
    Indexing "/book/ci_01.htm" as text/html ...

Cheers
Rolf.